The conference program includes 4 main sessions to put in perspective academic, engineering and finally industrial approaches.
All sessions welcome biology, chemistry, earth sciences and physics disciplines.
• complex fluids, bubble and droplet microfluidics, biphasic flow, multiphase flow, hydrodynamics
• electro-osmotic flow, electrohydrodynamics, mass transport, heat transfer
• interfacial phenomenon, chemistry, biology, chemical kinetics
• thermodynamics, simulation
Fundamental studies with use of microfluidic or nanofluidic devices are welcome in this session as well as experimental or theoretical physics and chemistry at micro/nano scale.
• detection, sensors
• pre-treatment, image analysis
• microextraction, etc.
This session welcomes all works focusing on microfluidic devices able to perform fluid characterizations or dedicated to any specific measurement.
• 3D printing, micro-fabrication, new materials, connectics, actuators
• dedicated chemistry, surface treatment, high pressure
• high pressure, high temperature
Here will be considered development of Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), new fabrication techniques or dedicated components to achieve studies with difficult fluids in non-standard thermodynamic conditions.
4. Toward industrial applications
• integration, process development
• lab on a chip, high throughput screening
Abstracts showing attempts or results to use microfluidic tools to perform an industrial application are very welcome.